|Ingredients - Beef Pho||20g Shallots||Ingredients - Garnish|
|100 ml Cooking Oil||20g Palm Sugar||1 Lime|
|1L Water||30g Coriander||10g Thai Basil Leaves|
|2L Beef Stock||200g Beef Shin||10g Mint Leaves|
|1 Large White Onion||300g Sirloin||15g Red Chilli|
|2 Nutmeg, Whole||300g Vietnamese Pho, Dried||15g Spring Onions|
|2 Star Anise||800g Oxtail, Cut into Pieces||20g Coriander Leaves|
|2 Cinnamon Sticks||2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce||20g Fried Shallots|
|10 Cloves||2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce||30g Fresh Bean Sprouts|
|15g Ginger||To Taste Pepper|
|20g Garlic||To Taste Salt|
1. Chop spring onions, quarter a lime, deseed and chop the red chilli. Prepare coriander leaves for both garnishing and soup, by removing the stems.
2. Cut a white onion into half, and pierce cloves into each half.
3. Cut beef shin into slices.
4. Separately blend shallots, ginger and garlic, until finely chopped.
5. In a medium-sized pot, heat cooking oil and sear the oxtail until slightly brown, then remove from pot.
6. In the same pot, add the onion halves with cloves, cinnamon sticks, nutmegs, and star anise.
7. When the onion halves are browned, add in the chopped shallots, ginger, garlic, and 30g of coriander leaves.
8. Fry until fragrant, and add palm sugar, beef stock, fish sauce, light soy sauce, seared oxtail and beef shin slices. Season with salt and pepper, bring to boil and simmer for about 90 minutes.
9. When the oxtail and shin slices are soft, add in the sirloin meat.
10. Remove oxtail from the soup and let them cool. Peel off the meat from the Oxtail and put them back into the soup.
11. In a separate pot, boil water, and cook the Vietnamese pho.
12. Once cooked, portion pho into bowls. Add in beef and soup, without the large onion and spices.
13. Enjoy with chopped onions, fried shallots, chopped chilli, mint leaves, Thai basil leaves, fresh bean sprouts, coriander leaves and a slice of lime.
Serie 8 | Induction Hob
Induction hobs generate heat only where it is needed, and its lower temperature also keep hands safe from burning. These features ensure safety, convenience and energy savings.
MaxoMixx Hand Blender
Full power for kitchen professionals. Powerful, robust and more versatile than ever thanks to a 800 watt motor and a wide range of accessories.