|50ml Oil||50ml Oil|
|115ml Water||300ml Coconut Milk|
|2 Pieces Duan Salam (Asian Bay Leaf)||500ml Water|
|5g Coriander Seeds||2 pieces Bean Curd (Medium Size, Firm)|
|5g Turmeric||1 Roll Lontong|
|15g Garlic||10g Fresh Ginger|
|25g Red Onions||10g Galangal|
|30g Ginger||10g Turmeric|
|200g Fresh Coconut (Grated)||20g Candlenut|
|200g Palm Sugar (Sliced)||20g Chilli|
|To Taste Salt||20g Lemongrass|
|To Taste Pepper||25g Dried Shrimp|
|50g Red Onions|
|60g Turnip (Sliced into strips)|
|80g Chinese Round Cabbage (Cut)|
|100g Carrots (Peeled and cut into strips)|
|100g Long Beans (Trimmed)|
|To Taste Salt|
|To Taste Pepper|
1. Methods for Serunding
1. In a hand blender, blend turmeric, garlic, red onions, ginger, coriander seeds, and water, into a paste.
2. Melt the palm sugar with water in a pot.
3. In a lightly heated non-stick pan, add oil, fry the blended paste and bay leaves for about 10 minutes or until fragrant.
4. Add the melted palm sugar and grated fresh coconut. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and stir until well cooked and dry.
2. Methods for Lodeh
5. Prepare the cabbage, long beans, chilli, carrots and turnips. And cut a roll of lontong into quarters.
6. In a clean hand blender beaker, blend ginger, garlic, red onions, turmeric, candlenut, and the deseeded chilli, until a paste is formed.
7. Heat oil in a small pot over medium heat, and fry galangal, lemongrass and dried shrimp. Once they are fragrant, add the blended paste and fry for about 10 to 15 minutes until it turns dry.
8. Add water, trimmed long beans, carrot strips, cabbage and firm bean curd.
9. Cook for about 10 minutes, then add in the turnip strips.
10. Bring to a boil and add in coconut milk, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and add in the quartered lontong.
11. Reduce heat once the vegetables are well cooked.
12. Serve lontong hot with serunding on the side.
Tips: You can substitute with any vegetables you prefer. Take note of the vegetables' cooking times. Add harder vegetables first and the more delicate vegetables in the second simmering.
MaxoMixx Hand Blender
Full power for kitchen professionals. Powerful, robust and more versatile than ever thanks to a 800 watt motor and a wide range of accessories.
Serie 8 | Induction Hob
Induction hobs generate heat only where it is needed, and its lower temperature also keep hands safe from burning. These features ensure safety, convenience and energy savings.