|Chocolate Sponge Cake||Buttercream Frosting|
|15g Cocoa Powder||100g Egg Whites|
|160g Egg Yolks||200g Sugar|
|160g Sugar||300g Softened Butter|
|165g Cake Flour||For Décor Almond bits|
|265g Egg Whites||For Décor Chocolate Ganache|
1. Methods for Chocolate Sponge Cake
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190°C using the ‘4D Hot Air’ mode.
2. Using a Kitchen Machine with stirring whisk, whisk egg yolks and sugar until it turns pale and reaches the ribbon stage.
3. Change attachment to the balloon whisk attachment, then in a separate mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites and sugar to form meringue (stiff peak is fomed).
Tip: If using OptiMUM Kitchen Machine, use the “Egg White” function on the SensorControl Plus, with dial on M/A. The machine will stop whisking automatically once stiff peak is formed.
4. Fold the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until well mixed and then add cocoa powder and cake flour. Mix well.
5. Place the cake mixture into a piping bag and pipe the mixture into your desired log cake mould.
6. Add butter and tomato paste and fry till paste turns slightly brown.
7. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C using the ’4D Hot Air’ mode. Meanwhile, deglaze vegetables with red wine for about 15 to 20 minutes, then pour ingredients over chicken legs in a baking tray.
2. Methods for Buttercream Frosting
8. Over a Bain Marie (water bath), temper the egg whites with sugar. Ensure that sugar dissolves completely.
9. Using the kitchen machine with a clean balloon whisk and mixing bowl, whip the tempered egg whites until firm peak is formed.
Tip: You can also use the “Egg White” function on the SensorControl Plus, with dial on M/A for this step, if you are using OptiMUM Kitchen Machine
10. Continue whisking at speed ‘6’, and gradually add in softened butter. Whisk until buttercream is formed.
11. Spread the buttercream onto the sponge cakes and create tree bark effect using palette knife.
12. Create tree rings on both ends using chocolate ganache.
13. Enliven the cakes with almond bits along the sides, and some Christmas decorations!
Serie | 8 Oven
The steam oven with PerfectBake and PerfectRoast: you get perfect results, automatically and gently.