Fish & Chips
Preparation for Tartar Sauce
- Create homemade tartar sauce - Blend gherkin, capers and shallots into a paste with a handblender.
- Whisk the egg yolk with a food processor by selecting ‘Medium speed’, then drizzle oil to the yolk mixture thereafter.
- Continue to blend salt, sugar, pepper, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, and the paste in Step 2 - together in the food processor.
- Continue to blend the mixture till a mayonnaise-like texture is formed.
Preparation for Beer Battered Fish and Chips
- Marinate the fish fillet with pepper, salt and beer; then set the marinated fish aside. We are using Sea bass in this video. Set fillets aside thereafter.
- Whisk the egg yolk with a food processor and create the batter by mixing all the ingredients, except for the beer, together.
- Next, pour the beer in to form a slurry consistency. Keep the batter chilled for best results.
- Heat a pot of oil, then dip the tempered fish fillets into the batter. Next, fry the fries. Here, we use sweet potato fries.
- Fry the fish and fries till they turn crispy and golden brown. Garnish fillets with cracked black pepper, salt, tartar sauce, chopped parsley and lemon slices.
- To check if the fish is cooked, poke the tip of the knife at the thickest part of the fillet, it should gently resist flaking but show signs of firming.
MultiTalent Food Processor
Saves on space, not on possibilities thanks to 50 functions
Serie 8 - Oven
We’ve designed our Series 8 ovens with features to fit every need. Whether its safety, convenience or capacity, Bosch Series 8 ovens offer the perfect solution.
Serie 8 - Hood
To make sure that you only smell what you really want to smell when you're cooking, we have developed a range of particularly powerful cooker hoods. In addition, insulation and a low-noise drive make them so quiet that you and your guests will barely hear a thing.