|Sugar Syrup||Gulab Jamun Balls|
|200ml Water||150ml Fresh Milk|
|150g Sugar||1.5L Vegetable Oil|
|2 Green Cardamoms||30g Clarified Butter or Ghee|
|5 to 8 Strands Saffron||120g Plain Flour|
|220g Milk Powder|
|¼ Teaspoon Soda Bicarbonate|
|1 Tablespoon Baking Powder|
|20g Pistachio Nuts|
|20g Almond Nuts|
1. Methods for Sugar Syrup
1. Boil water in a medium sized pot, and add sugar, green cardamoms and saffron. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
2. Strain the infused sugar syrup and set aside to cool.
2. Methods for Gulab Jamun Balls
3. In a large mixing bowl, sieve milk powder, plain flour, baking powder and soda bicarbonate, evenly to mix well. Then, gradually add in fresh milk, and clarified butter or ghee and mix well.
Tip: If consistency is too wet and sticky, add lesser milk and butter.
4. Cover bowl with cling wrap and set aside to rest for about 10 minutes until it forms a dough.
5. Coat hands lightly with vegetable oil, and portion the dough into balls of about 30g each. Tip: When your hands get sticky, coat with more oil.
6. On medium heat, heat up remaining vegetable oil for frying. Fry the Gulab Jamun balls until they turn golden brown, and leave to cool for about 10 minutes.
7. Place the Gulab Jamun balls into the infused sugar syrup and let them soak for about an hour.
8. For garnish, blend pistachio nuts and almond nuts together, until finely chopped.
9. Enjoy Gulab Jamun balls with some sugar syrup, and garnish with the chopped nuts.
MaxoMixx Hand Blender
Full power for kitchen professionals. Powerful, robust and more versatile than ever thanks to a 800 watt motor and a wide range of accessories.
Serie 8 | Induction Hob
Induction hobs generate heat only where it is needed, and its lower temperature also keep hands safe from burning. These features ensure safety, convenience and energy savings.