|Pickles:||Rice Dish:||1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter|
|150ml White Vinegar||
2 Small Bowls Overnight Cooked Rice or
Slightly Undercooked Rice
|2 Tablespoons Light Soya Sauce|
250g Boneless Chicken Thigh
|2 Tablespoons Cooking Oil|
|150g Sugar||1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder||2 Eggs - Beaten|
|2 Pieces Shallots - Crushed||3 Tablespoons Shallots - Chopped||Handful Ready Fried ‘Keropok’|
|2 Pieces Chilli Padi - Crushed||2 Tablespoons Garlic - Chopped||To Taste Sal|
|1 Piece Medium Carrot - Sliced||
1 Tablespoon Kicap Manis (Indonesian
|To Taste White Pepper Powder|
|1 Piece Medium Cucumber - Sliced||Garnish Coriander Leaves|
1. Methods for Pickles:
1. In a medium-sized pot, boil water, white vinegar and sugar. Once boiled, set the pickling liquid aside to cool.
2. Slice the carrot and cucumber and crush the shallots and chilli.
3. Add the crushed shallots and chilli to the pickling liquid, transferring them into a metal bowl placed over a bowl of ice.
4. Add in the sliced carrots and cucumber, and let the ingredients infuse.
2. Methods for Rice Dish:
5. Cut chicken thigh into smaller pieces, and chop garlic and shallots.
6. Season the chicken with 1 tablespoon each of the chopped garlic and shallots, turmeric powder and a little salt and pepper. Mix well, and let it marinate for about 40 minutes or more.
7. Beat the eggs, and heat up cooking oil in a large non-stick frying pan on low heat. Cook the eggs by stirring and then breaking it into smaller pieces.
8. Increase heat to medium and melt butter. Fry the marinated chicken flipping on both sides until cooked. Remove chicken from pan and any excess marinate.
9. In the same pan, add in the remaining chopped garlic and shallots. Fry until fragrant and add in rice. Mix well.
10. Add in the scrambled eggs, Kicap Manis and light soya sauce. Mix well by tossing, and fry until cooked.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with ‘Keropok’ and pickles.
Serie 8 | Hood and Induction Hob
Induction hobs generate heat only where it is needed, and its lower temperature also prevents hands from burning. These translate to more safety, convenience and energy savings.
MaxoMixx Hand Blender
Full power for kitchen professionals. Powerful, robust and more versatile than ever thanks to a 800 watt motor and a wide range of accessories.