|Laksa Paste||Laksa Pasta|
|80g Shallots - Peeled||300g Dried Brown Rice Gluten-Free Pasta|
|8 Large Dried Red Chillies - Soaked||20 Tiger Prawns - Cooked and Deshelled|
|100g Dried Shrimps - Soaked||6 Dried Bean Curd Puffs - Sliced (Optional)|
|2 Stalks Lemongrass - Sliced Thinly||2 Large Fish Cakes - Sliced Thinly (Optional)|
|10 Candlenuts||3 Eggs - Hard-boiled and Quartered|
|10g Galangal - Peeled||30g Bean Sprouts - Lightly Blanched|
|5g Turmeric - Peeled||15g Fresh Laksa Leaves - Chopped|
|60g Garlic - Peeled||50ml Vegetable Oil|
|5g Coriander Seeds||400ml Coconut Cream|
|4 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil||10ml Fish Sauce|
|1 Tablespoon Water||To Taste Sugar|
|To Taste Salt|
1. Chop laksa leaves, and slice the dried bean curd puffs, fish cakes, and turmeric.
2. Soak the dried shrimps and dried red chillies in warm water separately. When dried shrimps are rehydrated, strain off water.
3. Using a hand blender, blend the shallots, sliced lemongrass, garlic, candlenuts, galangal, the sliced turmeric, coriander seeds, a third of the rehydrated dried shrimps, all the rehydrated red chillies and a little water.
4. Gradually add in the rest of the shrimps as you blend, and add in the vegetable oil for a moist texture. Blend until the mixture forms a paste.
5. Cook bean sprouts and prawns by boiling them separately, and deshell the cooked prawns. Then make hard-boiled eggs, peel and quarter them.
6. In a non-stick or heavy bottomed pan, heat up 30ml of oil and fry the laksa paste over low heat. Stir often to make sure it does not burn.
7. Heat up remaining oil in a separate pan, and fry the sliced fish cakes, cooked bean sprouts, sliced bean curd puffs, chopped laksa leaves (leave about 9g for garnish), and fish sauce.
8. Add in the laksa paste and coconut cream, mix well and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Boil pasta in a separate pot with salted water, according to the packet instructions (typically around 6-8 minutes) or until all dente. Strain the pasta once cooked.
10. Add pasta and prawns to the laksa gravy, season with sugar and salt, and toss well.
11. Garnish with remaining chopped laksa leaves and the quartered eggs.
Serie 8 | Hood and Induction Hob
Induction hobs generate heat only where it is needed, and its lower temperature also prevents hands from burning. These translate to more safety, convenience and energy savings.
MaxoMixx Hand Blender
Full power for kitchen professionals. Powerful, robust and more versatile than ever thanks to a 800 watt motor and a wide range of accessories.