Preparation for Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC in Fan Mode. Coat a 9-inch baking tin with butter and flour.
- Add stout and butter into a large wide saucepan, slowly heat the mixture till all the butter has melted. Next, whisk the cocoa and sugar together, then let it cool slightly.
- Whisk sour cream with the eggs and vanilla in a kitchen machine, then pour the mixture created in ‘Step 2’ into the bowl attachment from the kitchen machine. Next, blend both mixtures together under ‘low speed’.
- Slowly add flour and bicarbonate of soda to the mixture created in ‘Step 3’, then whisk them together under ‘medium speed’.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking tin, and bake it for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Leave the cake to cool completely in the tin, or on a cooling rack.